Monday, 8 October 2012

September Favourites

Hello everyone! It's October now, and I know everyone's heads are in gear for Hallowe'en, but I thought I'd make a post to 'reflect' on the products, items, everything I have liked over the past month. Before I begin, aplogies for the delay. I know we're a week into October already, but I've been very busy this week! I'll try be more on time with monthly favourites from now on - I'm still trying to get the hang of this blogging thing..


Yin Yang Leggings- the love of my life!

 Leggings: As someone currently in an exam year at school, the majority of my weekends are spent with my head in some sort of book, and so I shouldn't need to dress up in any way, but something in the back of my head tells me I should still look good, even if I won't step out of the door! I guess what I'm trying to say is that leggings help my.. fashion conscience, and so I can focus on studying? They're comfy too, so that's always a plus. The ones pictured above were bought cheaply in a small shop in town. I'm also a huge fan of the crushed velvet leggings that are everywhere now, and I'm fortunate enough to have a black pair. I live in them!


Hask Argan Oil, Penneys






Argan Oil: A few months ago, I went from having long-ish hair to a tiny bob. To say my hair err, blew up would be an understatement! This oil has saved my hair and valuable time that would normally be spend slaving over a straightener. It makes your hair silky soft, and a little goes a long way. I have had this small bottle about 2 months, and it's not even half empty! It was around €2 in Penneys, to the best of my knowledge.
Moone Boy.. I'm addicted.



Moone Boy: This programme has honestly become my highlight of the week, I love it so much! I highly recommend it to any Irish readers out there who like to have a laugh at themselves, in fact I just think everyone should go watch it. It's on Fridays at 9:30pm on Sky 1, so you have no excuse. Go watch it.


 
Dr Martens, a staple in my wardrobe to say the least..
Dr Martens: These shoes.. I just can't. They literally go with anything, and they're becoming dead handy to me in these more harsh, wintery months.. Not that the 'summer' months were much better! Dr. Martens have a reputation for being incredibly good quality and versatile, and I can fully back that up. I made a video about how much I love them a month or so back with the webshow project I am part of, Teenage Kicks and you can view it here - just please, please ignore my cringey voice. Please.

Natural Collection Powder, Boots
 Natural Collection Pressed Powder: I go through 'powder phases' every now and again, whereby if I have the money to put aside, I'll go out and buy a pressed powder. Then after a few weeks it shatters, and I lose faith - rinse and repeat! Though with this powder, I don't think there will be any phases. Its sturdy packaging and extremely low price means that I can repurchase all I like! Plus, it comes in a pale enough shade for me - bonus.

Earrings, Penneys
 Earrings (pictured above): As soon as I saw these earrings, I had to have them. Aren't they amazing? They sparkle every colour of the rainbow and hey, they were €3. No regrets! I may not have worn them much this month, almost every day I have picked them up, admiring the colours they reflect. I certainly can't wait to wear them a bit more.

Hello Kitty Wipes
 Hello Kitty Baby Wipes: Okay, I can see why some people may question this item.. I first bought them to apparently take an inside joke between myself and my mum a step too far. Still, they look adorable and smell delicious. Plus, let me give you some advice: Baby wipes will always come in handy. Invest in some! I bought these ones in a pound shop, I really don't know where you'd normally get them.. sorry. 

 
 Arctic Monkeys - Reckless Serenade: Last week, I literally sat down and listened to this on loop for about an hour. I love it, it's sweet.



 Grimes - Genesis: I adore this song. I can't count how many times I have caught myself humming this while walking to class, or something like that.


No Doubt - Settle Down: As I'm sure most of you out there are aware, school began at the end of August or start of September. Along with school came a mindset of doom and gloom, and I found myself grasping for any beacon of hope and happiness I could find. And so, every evening when I finished my homework etc etc I blared this a few times. INSTANT CURE. Talk about a mood-lifter! Plus, No Doubt comeback? Yes please.


What have you been loving in September?

No comments:

Post a Comment