Sunday, 30 December 2012

What am I looking forward to in 2013, you ask?


Hey everyone! So, as I'm sure you're all aware, 2012 is coming to a close. It's strange - I never really think much of New Years and everything, as it just makes me feel sad - another year, just gone like that! Madness. But, this year, I'm determined to focus on the next year ahead - I have quite a bit planned for 2013 and I need to start getting psyched up!

1. Keeping up blogging
I began this blog only a few months ago, and yes it's no comparison to the works of Tavi Gevinson, but everyone starts somewhere. Though I have a lot coming up school-wise, I'm looking forward to working on this project, and hopefully, getting something back out of it (y'know, views and stuff..).  So far, I have really enjoyed making posts, and I hope it'll continue to be that way. Anyways, I'd just like to take this oppurtunity to say thank you to everyone who's here, reading my blog already! It means a lot to me. You're keeping me motivated.

2. Junior Certificate
So in Ireland, there are two main exams you do in secondary school: Your Junior Cert, and your Leaving Cert.  The Junior Cert takes place for 14-15 year olds and the Leaving Cert is for 17-18 year olds. Although the Junior Cert should have no huge effect on my future, it's pretty darn important! I mean, I'd still like to do well and all, so generally that means I'll be studying up until June when exams start. Great.

3. After the Junior Certificate
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the Junior Cert, but moreso the feeling after completing it. They take place over the course of 2 weeks, so I can't wait to just do nothing for a while, after exams. That's all.

4. My BigCartel or Etsy Shop (it's undecided..)
Yeah, this one is very very big.. After this school year comes a very mellow one called 'transition year', in which we are allowed to discover what we want to do with our lives after school. As there's littl else to do, IMMA SET UP A SHOP. It's exciting, very exciting. I've had a few nice ideas, so now I need to just figure out how to make them/have them manufactured. Ah, yes.

5. Two Door Cinema Club
I'll be seeing Two Door Cinema Club in January, with a lurrrvely friend of mine so I'm practically hopping out of my seat with excitement for that. I still haven't decided what to wear, what shall I do?!

6. Cheesy as it sounds, getting to know more about myself
Over the past few months or so, I've learnt a number of things about my personality and tendencies, etc etc and with that has come a little bit of comfort about who I am. A while ago, I used to get rather upset over a habit that all girls are fated to get at some time in their lives - comparing themselves to others. I don't know if I'm just on a confidence high or something lately, but I feel quite good about myself - better than I have felt in a long time. I don't know why, but I'm enjoying it! Hopefully it will stick forever. Fingers crossed for me!

7. FINALLY getting a DSLR
Yeah, I have wanted a fancy pants camera for a while now. I love looking at beautiful pictures, and would love to be able to take some of my own! if my calculations are correct, and I keep saving, I shall be able to afford it by February. Can someone lock up my money somewhere I can't access it, please?

I'm sure there's plenty of other things that I'm looking forward to in 2013, but that's all I can think of for now. What are you looking forward to? I wish everyone a happy, healthy new year! x Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment