Friday, 25 January 2013

Spunky Seapunk.

Hello everyone! It's been a bit of a while, hm? Sorry about that, I'm still preparing for exams that start up this coming Tuesday.. Oh, the joy of exams. I'll be back with floods of posts very soon.. promise!


Have you ever found that how you would like  to dress and how you actually  dress are two completely different things? Well, I certainly find that a lot. I don't know whether this is down to not being able to afford the clothes I like, not having the guts just yet  to wear the clothes, or my ideas getting lost in translation somehow. Anyway, I thought I  would share with you how I would fancy dressing, if I had the willpower, an endless supply of cash and the ability to not give a crap if people stare. I'd probably go seapunk.. No, not probably - definitely. 

Seapunk, pastel goth, nu-goth, cyber goth, whatever name tickles your fancy, is one of the many innovative style tribes that has emerged from the depths of the internet. It's based on a perfect balance of clunky peices and daintiness, and black mixed with pastels, neons, pixelated patterns and some iridescence - A little tacky, in essence, but it's just so right. Its key pieces include baggy tie-dye shirts, black platforms (the chunkier, the better), bindis, holographic sunnies and anything with aliens on it. Think 90s Gwen Stefani, along with Charlotte Free, Azealia Banks and Grimes. They've all got it nailed. 
 

5 comments:

  1. I adore seapunk. People would never expect it from me, because I dress nothing like it, but that's because I love so many different styles.

    I had my eye on this gorgeous tie-dye crop jumper from Urban Outfitters and was devastated when I saw it was sold out!

    Great post :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I really love seapunk too.. pity about your jumper! :( Why not try to recreate it yourself? There are plenty of online tutorials about tie-dyeing, and it might be cheaper! x

      Delete
    2. Yeah good idea, it would probably be more original too if I made it myself :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Hello there! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award, sorry if you've already done it :) http://aglaiabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html have a nice day! xx

    ReplyDelete