Friday, 1 February 2013

I love Andrew Vanwyngarden.

Hey folks! So, today's the first of February.. right? That date in itself holds a few meanings: It's Saint Bridget's Day. It's also the day I'm due some pocket money, oh yesss. But I'm not here to discuss pocket money, I'm here to take a moment to appreciate Andrew Vanwyngarden, as it's his 30th birthday. 

Andrew is one of two members (the other member being Ben Goldwasser, a complete god in his own right)  in the band MGMT ('Kids', anyone?), and is lead vocalist of the band.  Well, it'd be fair to say that MGMT is probably one of the only bands that I have constantly had in my top 5 bands for like, four years running - that's quite a while for me! I constantly go through phases and evolve into liking different things, so I consider it to be quite an achievement. When I was 11/12, I literally spent a year listening to their first album Oracular Spectacular and 'Lungs' by Florence and the Machine. That was all. I'm glad to say that my music taste has broadened a bit since then, but they've constantly remained one of my favourites. Good on you, fellas.

I mean, I can still remember the first time I heard their song Electric Feel, and ever since it's been one of my all-time favourites. In fact, the friendship between myself and one of my closest friends (Hey you there, Caoilfhionn!) ever is based upon this band. And our mutual love of Andrew. He's a right dreamboat, isn't he?

MGMT are set to release their third album this year. To say I'm looking forward to it would be very much an understatement. Let's hope there'll be a worldwide tour to follow. Please.


By the way: Exams are half over. Yes! One more week, and things'll be more regular. Hope everyone is doing well. x

No comments:

Post a Comment