Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Natalia Vodianova


Natalia Vodianova is not someone I was very familiar with for a while, despite having a picture of her stuck to my wall for over a year.. How ignorant of me. I was only inspired to do some research on her recently, and I can now definitely say that I am head over heels with this model. Vodianova, or 'Supernova', as she is known in the fashion world, began modelling in Paris at the young age of 17 after spending her childhood in poverty, in a poor industrial town in Russia. She's still going strong at thirty, and has graced covers of Vogue - Vogues of all kinds -,and tonnes of other reputable magazines.

 However, Vodianova is far more than just a beautiful face - She's got her own charity, Naked Heart. The foundation sets out to improve the lives of disadvantaged children in Russia, and has done so much since it was set up in 2004. It aims to give the children a place to play, and to make sure that they have a loving, supportive family behind them.

Props to you, Natalia! What an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment