Saturday, 2 March 2013

Nails of the Day + Angelica Nail Polish review

Please ignore my sad excuse for hands/nails/cuticles.. I'm working on it.
Hello, m'lovelies! Today I want to share with you a nail polish I have recently purchased; It's from a brand called Angelica, and I adore it. I saw it on my best friend a while back, and I immediately knew that I needed it.. It's made up of millions of tiny pieces of glitter, floating in a blue-ish liquid that gives it an iridescent quality - absolutely gorgeous! The colour is known as 'Angel 63', and I think it would be perfect to do some drippy nails with, that I talked about in a previous post.

Colours, L-R: Angel 63, Skylar 81, White Crackle 02
So, I've bought a few Angelica polishes over the past while. The first one I bought, 'White Crackle 02' was purchased when crackle polishes were the next, new, exciting thing. It was the cheapest one I could find at the time (€2.75), and I was rather curious. If I'm completely honest, it should've put me off Angelica straight away.. It was like Tippex, and completely unusable. It never properly dried, and if I was layering it on top of another polish, it simply eroded the underlying polish away! I never actually properly used it, as I simply had to wipe it off -rather aggravatedly- to start painting my nails again. Phew.

However, I didn't stop with Angelica there: They've got some absolutely beautiful colours, so I had to give in to tempation when I saw 'Skylar 81'. It's a far cry from my last experience with the crackle polish, and works like a dream. One coat is enough, and two is plenty. It dries in a considerably short amount of time, and doesn't chip dramatically for two or three days. That's excellent, for a polish under €3!

'Angel 63' is the latest polish I have bought, and as I've already said, it looks stunning. It's me, in a nail polish! But, it's a little hard to work with.. Sure, two coats is all you need to apply, but it takes a lifetime to dry. And, if you are applying the second coat when the first coat is only almost dry, you'll be sure to have some lumps and bumps. As with the white crackle polish, it doesn't seem to like being applied on top of other polishes. What a bummer..

Overall, I think Angelica has a range of beautiful, affordable polishes to offer. But, having said that, their formulation seems to be very hit-or-miss. If you're thinking of getting one of these polishes, do so at your own risk.. At least you're not paying an arm and a leg for it!

Angelica can be bought in selected Penneys and Primark stores across Ireland and the UK, but if you don't live there and are interested to give the polishes a try, you can also buy online.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bronagh I have been on this site for around five minutes and I already LOVE it! Your doing an amazing job and lately I have been thinking of starting up a blog myself but I don't know what to write or do on it I don't know what to even name it! If I can get your help that would great. Thank you, hope your having a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) Aw, thank you! <3 Well, you should definitely just GO for it! If you're unsure of what you're doing at first, just give your blog any old name and write what you want - no one has to know about it! I still haven't told my parents what I do, and I'm sure that most of my friends don't know what I do, or just choose not to bring it up because they think I'm nuts. Regardless, if you feel like you've got something to share with the world, just go with it. If you need any further help, feel free to email me (check the contact page!). Thanks for commenting <3

      Delete
  2. I really want to try one of these! I think I might make an order online :) Angel looks like a dupe for Models Own Indian Ocean :) Just followed, love your blog!

    Would love it if you checked mine out

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk :)

    Thanks xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not! You'll hardly make a loss of them hehe :) ooh, I've never heard of that one! No one sells Model's Own where I live, so I wouldn't know too much about their products :(
      Thanks so much for the follow! X

      Delete