Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Outfit: Kicked Out of the Girl Scouts..

Ooh, by the way, I'm wearing Docs with the outfit. I know you can't see here, apologies.. Don't eat me.

Hello everyone! I've decided to enter the Levi's 501 Contest happening over at Lookbook.nu at the moment. 6 lucky winners get the chance to go to New York, Sao Paulo or Toronto. You've just got to be wearing some Levi 501s, either customised or styled 2-da-maxx. If you want to enter, you'd better get started on your entry sharpish! There are two days left in the competition, to my knowledge.

For my entry, I decided to customise some khaki coloured 501s that were recently passed on from my uncle, who wasn't using them about a week before the competition was announced. It was fate! I loved the colour, and when looking through a box full of stuff stored away by the younger me, I found the scout badges. Well, beaver badges if you want to get technical. I never got to scouts. Anyway, I knew they would go perfectly with the shorts, so I went from there really!

I cut the pants to the knee and rolled them up shorter. This gave them a really nice, bulky quality; just what I was aiming for. I then did a really simple tacking job with the badges - I can't sew to save my life: hand or machine. To finish it off, I paired them with all my other old, second hand heavy duty stuff. It was sort of a little family project, in how I wore mostly my family's old stuff: The denim vest was a jacket of my mum's, the Raybans (my babies) were my dad's, the belt was my mum's, my parents bought the Docs, the Credit Suisse necklace was given to me by my grandmother. The only things I bought myself were the shirt (Penneys), the tights (Penneys), and the bandana on my wrist (Dunnes).

I'm not gonna lie, I'm quite proud of this little number. I put a lot of thought into it, and I think the fact that my family is so closely linked with it all makes it a little bit cooler to me. The finished, badass army-scout girl look is definitely one that I dig. Maybe I can get one of those furry raccoon tail hats?!


No comments:

Post a Comment