Sunday, 19 May 2013

Outift: Formal on a Budget


Hey guys! Last week, I was at my younger brother's confirmation. Given that a confirmation is a pretty momentus occasion for us Irish folk and that pictures were to be taken, the unwritten dress code was, well, dressy. I'm not one to dress up very often, so I had to set out on a quest to find an outfit that would be perfect for the day, suit my tastes, and my budget. Having grown up in a household in which financial management is everything, I don't find much pleasure in buying clothes that are unnecessarily expensive. This is hardly news to you at this point - if you have seen my previous OOTDs, you can see clearly that my wardrobe is 99.9% Penneys.

Overall, I think I managed the task of piecing the outfit together well: With the help and guidance of my mother and friends, I put together the outfit for a total of €35 - Including dress alterations and shoes. Not bad at all, eh? I also was very pleased with how the outfit looked overall. That proves, ladies and gentlemen, that looking smart does not need to be expensive! There's no shame.

The dress was from Penneys, and I had the straps of it shortened to fit me better. The cardigan is also from Penneys, along with the bag. The pearls I have on are my mother's, and I got the wedges in Dunnes a while ago. I ended up being taller than my whole family for the day... awks.

Hope you like! Until next time..


No comments:

Post a Comment