Sunday, 5 May 2013

REVIEW: Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss

If I'm completely honest, the only time in my life that I religiously wore lip gloss was when I was 8-10 years old - It was the only product I could get away with wearing, and I used to really like the look of it. Now, not so much.. I'm not quite sure why. But, this gloss is a small exception! The Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss (great name, guys) in Punch Bowl is great; I got it in one of Soap and Glory's Christmas gift sets, but the gloss usually retails for about £9.00. I must say, I would not usually pay that for a lip gloss. But, then again, I'm incredibly stingey.

This lipgloss itself is a really nice shade - it's bright and really pigmented, but it's still a shade that can be worn in an every day, normal look. It also has the perfect amount of glossiness. It doesn't settle into the lips with a sort of cheap, tacky finish, but instead seems to stay as it looks when you first apply it. Having said that, it is a little sticky.. When the glossiness has faded away, there's still a faint pink colour left behind that I really like. I think sometimes, I just apply it for the after-colour!

As for its plumping abilities, I did notice that my lips were a little more big after applying. But, whenever I applied the gloss, it gave me a weird, stingy/tingly feeling for a few minutes. It's not very comfortable, but bearable. I would say that that is probably the only downside to the product. The gloss also has a really nice, sweet smell/taste.

Overall, I really like this lipgloss. Who knows, maybe it's the lipgloss to get me back into lipglosses.. We'll see.

1 comment: