Friday, 19 July 2013

Empties!

Today, I'm doing my first ever empties post! It just so happened that a lot of my beauty products have run out lately, so I thought it would be an ideal time to give you my opinion on them.
I have been using Silcock's Base for as long as I can remember: This may be too much info, but I have been a long time sufferer of eczema. I get regular flare ups on my legs, and for the majority of my childhood, I washed, moistusized, did everything with this. I highly recommend it if you've got crazy dry skin, as it's incredibly rich and is quite cheap for a large tub.

I will definitely be repurchasing St. Ive's Apricot Scrub for Sensitive Skin. My facial skin, sadly, is just as sensitive with products as other eczema-ridden areas. If you put the wrong thing on it, it will either break out or start to develop burning, red patches. Dead pretty, right? When I need to exfoliate, it can  be a problem. This scrub is perfect for me, however - the beads it contains are tiny but effective, and combined with its lovely apricot scent, it's really nice and refreshing.

Previously reviewed on my blog, The Doctor Brand Blemish Relief Purifying Cleanser is a cleanser that I rather like: You can feel it working on your skin as you cleanse your face, and its medicinal smell is something I have really come to like. I don't think my skin has ever felt cleaner, after using this! However, it is rather drying - you'll be needing a generous amount of moisturiser. As part of the Blemish Relief Kit that the Doctor Brand have, it really makes a difference to the skin. I noticed reduction in redness, and my skin felt really smooth. However, this has been reversed since I stopped using the set.. sadface. :(

Over the past year, I have been using Soap and Glory's Breakfast Scrub on and off. Its maple syrup smell is gorgeous, and its exfoliating beads are quite big so it really does scrub. Having said that, the product is a little watery when you've got it in the shower. I mean, I barely got a chance to use it properly before it washed away! But, I guess that's a matter of turning off the shower momentarily. Brr.

I have also been using the Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Conditioner on and off for about a year; I like it so much that I just got another bottle. I generally let it sit in my hair for a little while in the shower while I wash my face or something, but once you rinse it out, you can really feel what a difference it makes to your hair. If you're like me, your hair is in knots after scrubbing in lots of shampoo. But, once the conditioner is put on and rinsed out, the force of the shower magically detangles them! Magic. My hair doesn't seem to have many split ends, either.

I was given the Ted Baker Bodywear Body Spray from my best friend, who used to keep the bottle in her locker. The minute I smelled it I fell in love with it, and she was kind enough to give me the bottle! How. Nice. The spray has a really frech, citrus-y sort of smell, and I'm quite upset that it has now run out. But, I spotted a mini bottle of it in a charity shop a few days ago and nabbed it for €1. To say I'm delira is an understatement.

When I initially bought the Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night mascara, I hated it. I'm not quite sure why now, because I think it is perfect for the long, wide awake-type lashes that I desire. I've kept the tube, in order to keep the brushes because they're brilliant. I'm dipping them into all my other mascaras instead of buying a new one, because I'm stingey like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment