Saturday, 13 July 2013

Moodboard: Black and White Strangeness

Sadly, I do not know the names of any of the creators of these images.. I just found them on Tumblr. If you happen to know any names, comment them below and I can give them credit!

I won't lie: I really love things that make no sense, but still intrigue and perhaps even stir up something inside you, be that wonder, curiousity or even disturbance and fear. Just in general, any piece of art that gives you a weird feeling and makes a mark on you for at least a week is art that I find quite favourable. Why? I'm not quite sure.

I have found black and white images do this in particular: Their starkness allows for a picture to have a different kind of complexity to coloured images. I think this, combined with some utter weirdness (take my examples above) makes for a really messed up, but totally awesome piece of art.

If you quite like some of the pictures above, I would highly recomment checking out some of these Tumblrs. They have pages and pages of disturbing, artsy pictures (it sounds wonderful, doesn't it?). So, in no particular order:




You can also find such pictures by searching the tag 'dark' or 'black and white' on Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment