Saturday, 6 July 2013

Outfit: High Waisted + Announcement



Recently, I made the all-important discovery of how great (and comfortable) high-waisted jeans can be. Previously, I stayed away from them at all costs: I thought there was too much risk of looking.. frumpy in them. I always thought that the extra strip of fabric across the hips, would make my torso wider and my legs shorter. But, once Penneys reduced a pile of jeans to just a fiver, I bit the bullet, thinking 'Sure I can make them into cutoffs if it doesn't work out'. But to my surprise, my new pair of pants have become my favourites. I mean, there is a certain frump to them, but I can't help but think it makes them look a bit chic. They remind me of 'mom jeans' that are no longer domesticated, and now have a new lease on life. They're now for the trendy working girl who likes fashion from the 50s - Well, that's what I was kinda going for.

The cardigan is from New Look, and I bought it onsale almost two years ago. It's slouchy and a definite staple in my wardrobe, I don't know where I would be without it! The ~bling bling~ necklace (Penneys) is my baby, too. The shirt I'm wearing is also Penneys, but I did a bit of a scissors job
on it to make it a little different from my millions of other shirts (I'll be discussing it in an upcoming post very soon). The belt was my mother's, and the wedges are from Dunnes. As I said previously, I got the jeans in Penneys for an absolute steal.

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT TIME*
Tomorrow (Sunday) I will be on Beat 102-103's Sunday Grill along with Festival legend/blogger Mark Graham. The show starts at 10am, and you can listen to it online here, if you wish. This is my first public appearance in anything in regards to my blog, and I'm very excited! This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the Waterford Young Arts Critics and all of the awesome opportunities I and other members have been offered as a result of joining the group.. Thanks a bunch to Beat, the Critics, Mark for some stellar tips, and also to you (yes, you) for reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment