Monday, 5 August 2013

July Favourites, feat. Rimmel + Soap and Glory

Frappucinos//Jumper (back) from Penneys, €3//Girl Code on MTV//Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean//Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang
Hi guys! Apologies for the lack of posts recently, I was away on holidays with my family (stunning scenery pictures to come soon!), and if I'm honest, I went a bit blank on post ideas for a while. I'm still struggling, so I thought as we are now in August, a 'Favourites' post can be a nice and easy post to do, especially since I have some great things to share.. Anyway, if you have any post suggestions or requests, let me know! I'll be more than happy to try them out.

I won't lie, the first time I had a Starbucks cream-based caramel frappucino in a branch in Dublin, I was completely hooked. Since there is no Starbucks in my area, it meant that for two years or so I was able to spare my health and pocket money. Now, though? You can get a Frappé anywhere: Costa, Burger King, McDonalds.. I've tried them all, in the past month. All are delicious, but none of them come close to the Starbucks classic, although the likes of McDonald's have made their prices a little more accessible, while still making a perfectly yummy take on the drink. Forever a sweet-tooth..

The jumper pictured above (well, the back of it) is the newest bargain I've found in Penneys; It was €3, and after staring at it for 6 months and waiting for the price to go down, it's finally in my wardrobe. It's surprisingly cosy, and I can see it becoming a staple for me in the colder months, which are quickly approaching. Thanks, Penneys!

When I discovered Girl Code through blogger Leanne Woodfull's facebook page, I was instantly hooked. The show is a spin-off of MTV's Guy Code, and is both hilarious and helpful to girls and, perhaps, guys.. You never know. Even better, season one has been uploaded to YouTube! Watch episode one here.

Recently, I have started using Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean Cleansing Milk every morning and night. I love how the cleanser removes makeup, as well as refreshing the skin. It doesn't completely dry out my skin either, and can be removed with cotton wool if you're not a fan of getting messy and splashing your face with water. I must say, I have a serious damp-pyjama-top problem, so it's definitely a plus.

A month ago, every beauty blogger under the sun was raving about Rimmel's Apocalips lip lacquer, and I can now see why: I have the lacquer in a classic red colour ('04 The Big Bang'), and although the liquid texture and high pigmentation make it easy to mess application, it's a great product that lasts long and feels great. You can also use the lacquer as a stain by going scarce on application, and smudging! I do this quite a lot, and it's worked out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment