Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Outfit: Makin' (Weird) Shapes

First Pose - 'WALK WALK FASHUN BABIE' Second Pose - 'Idk lol'


This look was very much an accident: My original plan was to layer the sheer black top (TK Maxx) rather boringly over the long t-shirt, worn as a bodycon (Penneys). However, I found that once I put on the combo I didn't like it a whole lot. A little frustrated, I started playing around with the top, crossing over straps, and whatnot - This weird, modern and minimal dress thing was born. I, the creator, like the idea, but I thought I would present it to the (not so massive) masses (ahem, you guys) for opinions and suggestions. Do you like what I've done with the dress? Would you wear it? I think the asymmetric shape that has been on runways quite a bit recently may for the most part stick to the runways, but this may just be a way for us mere mortals to pull it off on 'da skreets'. I may look further into this experimentation with shapes in future looks, we'll see..

I also tried to stay a little more summery with this one, as after all I do have one more week before it's back-to-school-time for me. The gladiator style sandals, AKA my summer staple shoe, AKA a god-send, were originally my mum's and are from Penneys. She never wore them, so I got them! YES. The shades were bought last year in a sale in River Island. I'm never giving up on the big roundy sunglasses, at least not for a while..

No comments:

Post a Comment