Saturday, 24 August 2013

Playlist: In the Background



Songs:
Dragon Queen - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Lights Out, Words Gone - Bombay Bicycle Club
 Lovers' Carvings - Bibio
Universal Traveller - Air
Reckoner - Radiohead
 I'm not quite sure why, but recently I've been listening to multitudes of music that doesn't demand a whole lot of attention, but all the same, it's really fantastic in a very straightforward way. Maybe it's because I've spent perhaps a third of my summer holidays holed up in the car driving somewhere hooked up to headphones, but I definitely appreciate the more simple songs nowadays; The ones that can be played in the background, and but still sound completely awesome - No need for an attuned ear, concentration, focus. It's nice to have a song and all its delicate, intricate curves and emotions handed to you on a silver platter, sometimes. Easy listening, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment