Thursday, 26 September 2013

90s Models

It was when I discovered the Tumblr 80s-90s-supermodels that I realised that I love looking at old editorials and runways from the 1990s. I can't quite pinpoint why, but I think it may because of one or two things - or both: a) The fun, youthful yet luxurious style appeals to me in ways no one will ever understand, and/or b) It's really something, to see baby faces, before they had to make an effort to look younger and got their own TV show and book and clothing line and movie and.....bleh. They looked  cute and childlike, but sophisticated all at the same time, exactly how the clothes they modelled were.

So, today's lesson? Never underestimate the power of a baby face and a frilly dress. Who knows, it may just get you a contract with Elite.. 


I took some *mayjah* inspiration from the Betsey Johnson S/S '99 show, particularly the segment above - the hair, the clothes, even the music -ugh. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Never underestimate a babyface in a nappy either . Great read Bronagh x

    ReplyDelete