Monday, 2 September 2013

Shots: Mt Congreve






Last weekend, the majestic Mt. Congreve gardens opened on a Saturday for the first time as long as I - and my parents - can remember. I seized the oppurtunity to set foot in the fabulous, flowery destination for the first time that day, as although it is only a 20-minute walk from my house, its usual Thursday opening never suited my schedule, what with school and life, in general. My visit was one well spent snapping, ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the garden's sheer perfection, from the lilies to even the lawns.

My favourite picture that I took on the day is the last one on display in this post: I love the contrast between the tropical looking, pink-puff ball tree (name unknown!) and the deep, dark flowers below it. I find the combination of delicacy and bright colours somewhat fascinating: I will certainly be finding out the name of this particular tree in order to hunt it down for my own future, err, gardens.

I would most definitely recommend anyone in the vicinity of Waterford to visit Mt. Congreve - Even those not lucky enough to possess a green finger (ahem, me) will marvel at this colourful paradise. Some may find the abundance of bees to be unnerving, although I personally found their hum to be completely relaxing. Is that weird? Whale calls aint got nothing on this.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos! such beautiful greenery, the last one is my favorite photo.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete