Monday, 6 January 2014

Outfit: Collar Renovations


Today was one of those days where by I said, 'nah. I don't really care what I wear today - I just want to get out of the house and do something, in the comfort of some jeans' and got dressed. And then I looked in the mirror a little too long. And then I changed, and changed again.. When  this happens, I rarely have an end product that I feel satisfied with; Today was an exception.

I wanted to channel a lot of grunge - that's quite evident from my navy, huge hand-me-down jumper, Awear blue jeans, khaki jacket that I found in the mens' section of Dunnes, and of course, my Docs. But then - did I look a little too 'delinquent' for my liking? Maybe.. I add the mint Penneys shirt for a pop of colour and preppiness, but it doesn't look/feel right.. Exasperated, I move onto applying make-up. 'It'll do'. And then, a few minutes later when fishing around for some earrings, I find these Topshop cross earrings. It's amazing how such a small embellishment can change something like a shirt, isn't it? Not to mention, it'll be cheaper and easier than any collar cuffs you'll find.

2 comments:

  1. so so so cute. Your hair looks lovely with this outfit too :)

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you very much! <3 I have quite the lion's mane, hahaha x

      Delete