Friday, 20 June 2014

My Marilyn Monroe Skirt


Today's outfit is another one of those outfits in which I experimented with fantasy/cutesy pieces and more sporty pieces. The end result is fun, modern and unique! The setting (a picnic in castle gardens, if you don't mind) was quite fitting, too.

The top (TK Maxx, you gem..) is relatively old, but I don't think I have ever blogged it before - it's still one of my favourite shirts. The skirt is from H&M, and it's been providing me with plenty of Marilyn Monroe moments, as pictured above. Footwear, however, is what I think brings the whole thing together: The platform converse and My Little Pony socks completely contrast to the girlish, delicate vibes in the skirt. The socks also inject a little colour into an otherwise very monochrome getup - just to add a little more contradiction. 

Thanks to Megan for pictures, once again!

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! Totally something I would wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! Glad you like it :)

    Bronagh

    ReplyDelete