Sunday, 30 November 2014

Too Puny for Uni

My eyes may look scarily blank, but that's because I'm thinking so deeply about Intelligent Things

Headband: River Island
Shirt: Ralph Lauren (Ok, it's a hand-me-down..)
Jeans: Penneys
Shoes: Converse

I shot this a while ago, but for some reason I never got around to writing up the post until now. I don't know what it is about this autumn/winter, but it's like I've transitioned from a toddler (shopping in the kids' section, the lot) to some sort of sophisticated twenty-something - and a very scholarly one, at that? Now of course your dress sense has nothing to do with your IQ or anything, but it'd be pretty hard not to imagine that the character I've conjured up in this look doesn't huddle up in her dorm full of Britannicas with her friends discussing Plato.

It doesn't help that pretty soon I'll be going to Trinity College (Ireland's Oxford/Cambridge/Harvard/Yale equivalent) for their open day - I can't see many of the courses fitting my ideals perfectly, but damn I want to see the place. Maybe I'll wear this getup and see how well I blend in?!

'OK, you got me.. I haven't read Ulysses. Or The Bell Jar.'
'YAY ACADEMIA!'

No comments:

Post a Comment